Buffington Homes is a fast-growing company that builds not only beautiful homes but also exciting careers. Buffington is an award-winning home builder located in the beautiful and thriving region of Northwest Arkansas. Our mission is to help families build a life they’ll love, and we’d love to have you help!
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER LOCAL HOMEBUILDERS?
With more than 40 years of experience, Buffington Homes is well-known for quality construction, stylish interiors, spacious floor plans, and ideal locations across Bentonville, Rogers, Fayetteville, and Cave Springs.
Once homeowners purchase a homesite in one of our communities, they get to choose from a selection of floor plans, then work with our in-house designers to personalize their home before construction brings it to life!
We have a growing team of 47 people, and all are dedicated to helping homeowners build a life they’ll love in Northwest Arkansas. We’re a group that works hard, supports each other, and has a lot of fun along the way.
A Few Reasons Team Members Enjoy Working Here:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and supplemental health benefits!
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO) that you begin earning your first day!
- 401(k) plans with employer matching!
- Paid Holidays that you are eligible for on day one!
- New Home Discount for employees who build with Buffington!
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with access on your first day!
- Employee discounts from everything from buying a new vehicle to office supplies!
- Eligible for Profit Sharing after one-year anniversary!
We can’t wait to welcome you home to Buffington!
The Financial Analyst position is a salary-exempt position that pays a base salary of around $65,000.00 annually. Actual base pay depends on experience, education, and background.
Studio Manager Position
éLAN Creative is looking for a studio manager / client concierge to join our team as a full-time employee. We are an Interior Design Firm, located in downtown Bentonville, focused on crafting unique residential interiors, commercial spaces, and beautiful custom homes. We specialize in timeless, elegant and functional design that incorporates our clients’ lifestyle and sense of style. éLAN’s amazing team consists of creative and administrative experts who work their magic under Owner + Principal Designer, Julie’s direction, to ensure our projects run smoothly and efficiently.
Whether it’s designing interiors or consulting with other design and homebuilding professionals, we bring our over 20 years of experience and our specialized knowledge to every project, fulfilling each clients’ unique needs with intention, insight, innovation, and integrity. The ‘Studio Manager/Client Concierge’ position will support the éLAN Creative team with general administrative and executive assistant tasks such as supporting the design team, interacting with walk-in guests, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, taking responsibility for the day to day maintenance of a busy design firm, and occasionally providing concierge services to our clients. This role will also help support our procurement services, including order tracking, receiving and unpacking, and procurement system management, in addition to clerical duties such as light bookkeeping, data entry, document creation & editing, and more.
Our ideal candidate will be eager to contribute to the overall success of the business and place a high value on quality customer service and support.
*** No phone calls or walk-ins to inquire; please follow instructions after reading below. ***
Built on the foundation of integrity and innovation, éLAN Creative is a boutique interior design-build firm based in Northwest Arkansas that specializes in providing high-end design and turnkey construction services from concept to completion for clients across the nation. We design functional solutions to enhance and improve our clients’ quality of life, work, and play at home. With a focus on creating and building innovative atmospheres that inspire creativity, promote well-being, and improve productivity, our designs allow our clients not only to live better, but to truly thrive.
As the studio manager / client concierge at éLAN Creative, you may be responsible for or included in the following activities for our clients or our company, as well as others that may not be listed:
- Reception duties, including answering incoming calls, general filing, scheduling appointments, and following up on phone calls and contacts as appropriate
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
- Booking meetings with clients and vendors
- Managing our studio space and on-site needs, including being responsible for our office supplies inventory and ensuring our storefront area is tidy, clean and presentable
- Managing our material library, including keeping all materials up to date, filing newly-received materials, and contacting vendors for new samples
- Arranging travel and accommodation plans for team when required
- Providing administrative support for designers as needed, including producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- Handling and crafting correspondence on behalf of principal designer; managing mail and email accounts, screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the owner is well prepared for meetings and clients are welcomed appropriately
- Providing leadership to entry level team members and interns
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff, including providing concierge services to our clients before, during, and after projects are designed or constructed
- Invoice management, including creating client invoices, collecting & applying client payments
- General data entry and bookkeeping
- Procurement support for furniture and other design products, including generating product purchase orders, shipment tracking, and generating weekly reports to designers on product ETAs
- Receiving and inspecting product and filing damage claims with vendors & freight lines when necessary
- Coordinating product storage, delivery and installation
- Assist with the éLAN Creative social media channels, including creating and scheduling posts and researching directed topics
- Assist in marketing efforts through research & communication
- General errands
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Be reliable with consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Be comfortable working in fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with tasks and priorities that change daily, depending on client projects and team needs.
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with policies, procedures, and firm’s values
- Have a team-oriented attitude.
- Have a friendly and helpful demeanor with a high focus on customer service.
- Be proactive with their work and communication.
- Be open to feedback and be willing to act on that feedback when required.
- Be able to learn and adapt to systems and procedures used within the company.
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Have the ability to focus on their work with efficiency, even with frequent distractions and interruptions.
- Work location and hours: This is an on-site role and individual will work in our studio, located in downtown Bentonville, AR. This role is full time and the individual is expected to be able to work during regular studio hours from 10 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday, ensuring the studio is ready and open by 10am. Individual must also have flexibility in scheduling and be able and willing to work occasional weekends or odd hours, and occasionally on project locations, when project deadlines mandate.
- Physical ability: This role requires individual to be active around the office and in supporting our operations. These expectations include being physically able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, sit at a desk or in a meeting for several hours at a time, and walk around our studio and client’s homes and job locations.
- Personal Transportation: This role requires individual to have a reliable vehicle and be willing to drive to run general office errands and support business needs. Mileage will be reimbursed at the standard national mileage rate.
- Listening and Communication Skills: Individual is expected to follow instructions and have the ability to understand those instructions with little or no follow up. You may need o relay messages or instructions to others from the owner or other executive staff so excellent listening and communication skills, both orally and written, are a must.
- People/Interpersonal Skills: You will be working directly with at least one person, but you may also be the first line of communication between the owner and the outside world. This may involve speaking with clients, other employees, and upper management. You must be able to be polished, poised and professional in both mindset and manor with use of utmost discretion at all times.
- Organizational Skills: The team will rely on you to keep the working day in order. Scheduling meetings, travel plans, billing, etc. will all require you to have exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities, prioritization and efficiency.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in writing emails, transcribing notes, copying, and creating spreadsheets or printing documents figure heavily in the executive assistant’s day. You must be computer savvy with proficiency in ideally both, Mac and PC systems, including Word, Excel and Outlook and Google software (docs, sheets, slides, etc).
- Special consideration will be given to those who:
Have at least 2 years of experience in a combination of office, clerical or commercial work
Have experience as an Office Manager and/or Executive Assistant
Have experience or knowledge of interior design, or related industries
Have or are pursuing a 2- or 4-year degree in any field
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
If you feel like you are a good fit and have the skills and traits necessary to be successful as our Studio Manager, please fill out the form by clicking on the Studio Manager Application button below. We will review all applicants and reach out to those we’d like to interview. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be offered on a rolling basis. Please consider applying ASAP for the best opportunity.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying please follow these steps:
Prepare a cover letter and a current resume. Be sure these documents are a good example of your communication and presentation skills. We would appreciate if you also submit a video introducing yourself, but this is optional. You’ll be asked to submit these three things near the end of your application.
Note that if you are selected for a video interview, we will be asking for 3 professional references we can contact.
Click the link below to complete your application and upload the appropriate documents / files.
VP of Business Development
Baldwin & Shell Construction Company
Description: We are looking for an established Business Development Executive to lead our Northwest Arkansas Division. Candidates should have a proven track record utilizing current connections to create business opportunities in the Northwest Arkansas region.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, connected in the Northwest Arkansas business, cultural and philanthropic community; possess high-level skills in relationship building, networking, and presentations; and a possess a proven record in winning and retaining business.
Construction industry knowledge is not required, but a definite plus! If you are interested in speaking with us, please apply today.
Baldwin & Shell offers highly competitive compensation, commission structure, perks and benefit package as well as a great work environment.
Apply on their website: https://bit.ly/2AjLXBi